Hamilton Medical College
Learn about mechanical ventilation and ventilators
- E-learning free and open to all
- Learn at your own pace
- Learn wherever and whenever you want
- Bite-sized learning units
Free mechanical ventilation education at your fingertips
Join the Hamilton Medical College to access e-learning resources about mechanical ventilation and ventilators.
The e-learning service is multi-lingual and for each module a transcript is also offered.
A total of 23 modules are currently available for free to all students:
- Basic modules: 4 modules that teach the foundation of mechanical ventilation in under 2 hours.
- Features modules: 8 modules that offer insight into more advanced features and present short clinical cases.
- Product modules: 11 modules based upon the Operator's Manual. These are designed for current and future users of Hamilton Medical ventilators, and teach the most commonly used features and functions.
We are constantly adding new modules and reviewing old ones, so don't forget to check back at this page from time to time.
Every user is required to register in order to manage the learning modules and obtain the certificates.
This is Hamilton Medical College
- Trusted by more than 50000 healthcare professionals (and growing)
- Students from 152 countries
- More than 27000 certificates issued
- 23 modules available: 4 basic, 8 features, and 11 product specific
- Online elective exams available for most modules, with Hamilton Medical certificates awarded on successful completion.
- Award of Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credits from the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC) for specific modules
Earn a certificate
Most modules are combined with an online elective exam to test your newly acquired knowledge. A certificate is awarded by Hamilton Medical College to students that successfully complete the exam. In addition, upon successful completion of particular modules you will receive Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credits from the American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC).
What our students say
Clinical Education Coordinator
University Medical Center, Lubbock, TX
We made the module about ASV a requirement for all our therapists, as a preparation before the formal training with the specialists. It was very helpful. I also did many of the e-learning modules myself and find them wonderful and very easy to use.
Daugavpils Regionala Slimnica, Daugavpils, Latvia
Your e-learning courses really helped me learn how to use the ventilators. Your ventilators are very easy to use and very reliable. I liked the modules a lot. Thank you very much.
ST6 Intensive Care Medicine
University Hospitals of North Midlands, Stoke-on-Trent, England
Good analogy at beginning with the balloon and hands. Great visuals. Really appreciate that text is written at the side as well as read aloud - invaluable for me as I can read sentences while paused and then play to revise the material.
Registered nurse, emergency department
Ipswich hospital, Queensland, Australia
The whole course was excellent.
We offer free training in mechanical ventilation. Here's why
We believe that in order to achieve the best possible clinical outcome for ventilated patients, a solid knowledge of mechanical ventilation and of the devices is essential.
Our ventilators offer a high level of customization to best meet the needs of all patients. Being able to take full advantage of all possibilities offered by our ventilators means being able to better answer to your patients' needs.
For this reason, we continuously invest in offering a free e-Learning platform for online training on mechanical ventilation and ventilators, that is open to all students, and allows anyone to learn wherever and whenever they want.
Dr. Yuan Lei, MD
Senior e-learning Manager